Set Goals & Take Stock.
1. Write three ideas of things that you would do at your dream job. (No editing.)
2. Set a goal for how you want to move towards your dream job in the next 30 days. (One hour a week of informational interviewing or hiring a career coach or meeting with a banker for a loan.)
3. Think about past jobs you've held. Make notes about what you liked. This is what you want to get more of and you can reach out to people from these past jobs for connections or support. People want to help you reach your dreams.
Take Action Each Day.
4. Have a cup of coffee or a diet coke with someone who holds a job or runs a business you might like to have. How'd they do it? Ask them for two pieces of advice.
5. Create or purchase a structure to go towards your dream job. Do one thing each day, say your goal outload to another person, write in a journal. Trust the process you've purchased or created and follow it.
6. "A goal is a dream with a deadline." A quote from Harvey Mackay, New York Times Bestselling author of Swim With The Sharks. Read books.
7. Watch what you say to yourself. Do you cheer yourself on or do you trash talk yourself? Pick your messages very carefully and lean on the positive. Surround yourself with a supportive but determined fan club.
8. Post your goals where you can see them. Hold yourself accountable and reward yourself for the small steps towards your dream job.
9. Find a trusted advisor or two. It's not easy to create your dream job and we all get nervous when you stretch, but it's way more fun with other people.
10. Volunteer. Want to gain a new skill? Have a hole in your experience? Volunteering is the best way to get your experience, fill your emotional bank and meet new people. It's a win/win for everyone.
Go for your dream. You're a rock star. Play Your Game and Take Inspired Action.
How2 Create Your Dream Job.
by Cathy Paper on January 18th, 2011
Posted in job search, career Tagged with no tags
Leave a Comment
Big Picture (53)
business development (19)
job search (26)
Abraham Lincoln Appreciation Authors Awards BestBuy BookMarketing Brown College Carlson School Cathy Paper CathyPaper Change Confidence Consultant Danish Event Fans Focus French Open Goal Setting Goals Gopher Sports Grandmas Marathon Inspiration Jeff Stafford Jeffrey Hayzlett Joe Sweeney JoeSweeney Lars Leafblad Learning MinnPost Minneapolis Minnesota networking groups Music National Bestselling Book Networking New Ideas New York Times NewYear Tips Energy Wellness Friends Orangeslicetraining Promotion Reflection RockPaperStar Shamrocks Smile Network Social Media St. Paul Steve Schussler Summer Concert Super Bowl TCF Bank Stadium Talents Tennis Training Products Waterskiing Writing A Book amazon bestselling books books book bounty bucket list buildingbuzz bullshit business development campus career creative creativity developing product endorsements facebook fear gifts habits handmedowns harvey Mackay humor innovation job search keynote kids science stuff leading leftovers linked in media minnesota movies national networking events news oscars personal development promoting speakers published publishing relationships reviews rockstar routine self esteem speakers and authors speaking sports story summer teleseminar twitter video vision board vitamin d voice wizard of oz writing youtube